It's a long, long preseason...

(Yeah so anyway, back to the racing...)

Seems like every season, for one reason or another, I get a late start. It's always some silly excuse, like getting married in May of last year... Well, this year it's buying a new house. My wife and I are moving (on up) to the East side of the city to a house that's double the size and four times as nice. So that's thrown a bit of water on my preparations for this year's track season for the moment.

But plans are still moving forward! I've already purchased new, track-only bodywork from Catalyst Composites, a new racing suit, and a host of other odds and ends to make this season everything it can be. The bike, after not getting a lot of TLC last year, was in need of some in-depth maintenance. Waiting in the wings are new wheel and steering head bearings, new spark plugs, fresh brake fluid, new throttle cables, and new front brake caliper seals. For this year's modifications, she'll also be getting a new exhaust, handlebar grips, the aforementioned bodywork, stronger engine case covers, a spiffy paint and decal job, and a camera system! I hope to be able to produce some pretty sweet videos to share with you all over this year.

As you might have guessed, the goals for this year are to make the bike race-worthy, get a lot of experience and have a lot of fun, with the aim of getting my race license by the end of the year. I've sworn off of riding on the street anymore, and have sold just about all of my street parts (headlights, street plastics, etc.). I'll also be working on improving myself physically, so that my fitness no longer detracts from my riding. I'll still be way too big for a 600cc bike, but at least I won't be huffing and puffing 4 laps into a session anymore.

Despite my jam-packed schedule, I will do my best to keep this blog updated with the latest happenings and progress as I edge toward track time this season! I'll be posting reviews of the products I'm using this year, as well as keeping you all up to speed on our new house. Check back soon!

~Cephas
THE FREE RADICAL

0 comments:

top